PROVINCIAL NOMINATION PROGRAMS
Canadian provinces offer over 80 unique immigration programs focused on their specific economic and employment needs
The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) allow Canadian provinces to nominate persons who wish to settle in a particular province.
Each Canadian province has its own unique Provincial Nominee Programs. Each province for instance has at least:
- one immigration stream that is aligned with the federal Express Entry immigration programs,
- one stream for potential entrepreneurs, and
- another stream for persons with a valid job offer in the province.
If you secure a provincial nomination, you would be awarded an additional 600 points as an Express Entry candidate, which would generally guarantee you obtaining Permanent Residency.
Take the Free Assessment below in order to learn which programs best suit your situation, and how we can ensure that you obtain permanent residency.
Provincial Nomination Programs
The BC PNP offers: Skills Immigration, Express Entry BC and Entrepreneur Immigration Streams. These streams are divided into categories that target skilled workers, international graduates and other professionals with skills, experience and qualifications demanded in B.C.
How you will apply depends on which Provincial Nominee Program stream you’re applying to. You might need to apply using the paper-based process, or by the online process through Express Entry.
The process includes:
- Applying to the province for nomination under a stream
- Meeting the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Once nominated, applying for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
The criteria by province and territory vary and can change without notice. Speak to us to ascertain the most appropriate program for you. See links of the various provinces above
Of course processing times vary based on the program you are applying to. Generally expect to wait about 1.5-2 years before arriving to Canada as a Permanent Resident, or Work Permit holder.
- Submitting an Expression of Interest = 1-2 months
- Waiting for reply for Expression of Interest = 3 months
- Submitting a PNP application = 3 months
- Receiving a nomination = 6 months
- Submitting an Express Entry application = 3 months
- Processing of your application = 3-6 months