The Immigrant Investor Program allows investors to obtain Canadian permanent residence by investing CAD $1.2 million risk-free through an approved financial intermediary or by financing that investment
Candidates for the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program are awarded points based on six factors under the Quebec Economic Class selection grid for the program. A minimum passing score of 40 points is required and the mandatory cut-off scores of 10 points and 25 points for management experience and financial investment, respectively, must be satisfied.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program candidates are evaluated based on factors that include education level/areas of training, experience in management, age, language proficiency in French or English, stay and family in Quebec, and the Investment Agreement. The maximum points available are 94 points for applicants with or without a spouse or common-law partner.
Business Immigration Streams
To be eligible for the Investor Program, you must:
- Have, alone or with your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, legally acquired net assets of at least C$2,000,000, excluding any amounts received by donation less than six months before your application is submitted
- Have management experience for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for selection. This experience must include duties related to the planning, management and control of financial, human or material resources under your authority. This does not include experience acquired in an apprenticeship, training or specialization leading to a diploma
- Intend to settle in Québec
- Sign an investment agreement with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program
- The investment agreement is one of the documents to be submitted with the permanent selection application.
- The investment of C$1,200,000 for a five-year term is guaranteed by the Government of Québec
- At the end of the five-year term, the broker or trust company will reimburse the applicant C$1,200,000 without interest, within 30 days. However, the amount reimbursed may vary if the applicant secured financing for the investment.