Tourist Visa or Temporary Resident Visa

Canada welcomes millions of tourists and visitors (non-immigrants) each year. You can visit Canada to enjoy its scenery or to learn of Except for Canadian citizens and permanent residents, all other individuals require permission to enter Canada as a visitor.

Unless they are citizens of a visa-exempt country, individuals who wish to enter Canada for a temporary purpose, such as tourists, temporary foreign workers (individuals with work permits) and international students (individuals on study permits) must apply for and be granted a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

A temporary resident visa (TRV) is an official counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that they have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

The expiry date of a TRV is the date by which the visa must be used to arrive at the port of entry (POE) and seek admission to Canada. The expiry date is not the suggested duration of the visit. A TRV does not guarantee entry to Canada, nor does it grant temporary resident status in Canada.

Other Immigration Programs

We can assist you to complete the entire work authorization process for both Canadian employers and foreign workers.

A Canada TWP is for those foreign workers who plan on working in Canada for a fixed period of time. If you want to work in Canada on a permanent basis, you must undertake the Canadian permanent residence process. However, a work permit may be a stepping stone to Canadian permanent residence because it allows you to attain many points through the Express Entry process. Once you work in Canada you will likely qualify for Canadian permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), through a Skilled Worker category, or through one of the Provincial Nominee Programs.

An open work permit is very flexible as it allows you to work with any employer and in any job. A regular work permit on the other hand has to be approved for a specific employer who the applicant will work for.

Open work permits are given to only a small class of people such as, spouses or common law partners of skilled workers, foreign students, and international students have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to obtain the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker is available to fill the job

Free Consultation

Connect with one of our experts